Measuring for Custom Sizes
How To Measure
To order custom sizes, use our easy Decorative Stair Riser Measuring and Cutting Guide (Acrobat PDF), to record your measurements. It's so easy, anybody can do it!
- Measure the exposed width of the first riser on your set of stairs, starting at the bottom step.
- Using the Decorative Stair Riser Measuring and Cutting Guide, record the first width measurement on the line provided (01 Riser, width)
- Measure the length of the riser on the bottom stair.
- Record the length on the Decorative Stair Riser Measuring and Cutting Guide (01 Riser, length).
- Measure and record custom specifications.
- Measure, record and indicate custom specifications for the rest of your risers.
*Please note. Do not assume that each riser has the same measurement. It is common for your stair risers to not be all the same dimensions.
Your staircase may include risers that have circular first steps, no side rails or some of the items below:
- 1-sided Open ended stairs
- Visual Center Alignment
- Off center design placement
- Curved or bullnose stairs
- Newel penetrating riser
- Trim molding
To help you with custom specifications, download the following files:
View stair layouts and anatomy (Acrobat PDF)
Visual Centering Guide (Acrobat PDF)
Decorative Stair Riser Measuring and Cutting Guide (Acrobat PDF)
How to Determine Proper Size to Order:
Two Ways to Order:
- Closest size.
(May be slight variations between exact riser size and existing risers upon installation.)
- Larger size.
(Cut down to fit your exact measurements.)