Find a Dealer or Reseller
Creating Your Environment Using Design Detail and Color
All design detail, color and even lack of, create a "feeling" in any space. The design details and colors are what provide the energy and therefore, give life to the space. You will "create" the environment when choosing design details and colors and want to consider the following:
What is the space used for?
• High-energy activities?
1. Choose detail and color to keep the motion flowing.
2. Design Details - Intricate, ornate and more complex.
3. Color - Brights, bolds and hard contrast combinations.
• Low-energy activities?
1. Choose detail and color to create interest but not to interfere with the intent of the space.
2. Design Details - Simple, understated or motif specific.
3. Color - Neutrals, muted tones, pastels and soft contrast combinations.
• Creative energy, such as art galleries, design rooms or artistic space?
1. Choose detail and color that allow for openness of creativity to flow.
2. Design Details - Eliminate too much contrast in the space.
3. Color - Grays, soft to mid-tone neutrals or low contrast combinations.
4. Carefully consider the creator's primary perspective.
How do you want the energy to move through the space?
• Determine what you want people to see first or the focal point and choose detail or color to attract the eye to that place first.
• Balance the surrounding space or walls with complimentary detail and color.
• Create continuous flow and openness by coordinating detail and color within adjacent spaces.
• Always provide a detail or color to be seen leaving a space in order to leave a lasting impression.